Rules for Solving the Problems based on Time and Work
1) If a person can complete a work in n days, then in 1 day he does nth of the work. We have
2) If a person completes of a work in 1 day, then he requires n number of days to complete the work
3) If part of the work has been done and the remaining part of the work has to be done by a person A, then
4) If times as good ·a workman as , then
- i) Ratio of work done by in the same time
- ii) Ratio of time taken by to finish the work
5) If some persons work together to do a piece of work, then the money paid to them is divided among them in the ratio of their one day’s (or one hour’s) work.